Tumblr doesn’t send anymore asks if you send a “.” and a letter or word without a space right after it.
Example: H…hello (doesn’t send it) - H… hello (will send it)
It says it sends the ask but it doesn’t. My gf and I were trying since 2 days now and we just found out what the problem was.
Pass it on.
This explains SO MUCH GRRGHH
the shitty system thinks its a url thats why
sugarsweet20 said: Hi! Again, thank you so much for translating Clear's drama CD :D I was wondering if you could explain me a bit more the part where Clear asked Aoba if he would die with him; was this a suicide pact in the end should one of them die first? Why did Clear ask him that?
Absolutely! This is actually a part of the CD that my editor harukami and I had a lot of difficulty with tweaking to make sure that the proper nuance was in the text but I think that some of it still didn’t quite come through…
Basically, by Clear’s words what he’s asking for is a suicide pact. The idea of lover’s suicide is something that’s a prevalent theme in Japanese literature and drama where lovers whose circumstances run contrary to their feelings believed that by taking their lives together their souls could reunite in heaven.
However, in this situation Clear’s reasons for asking it are somewhat different. Basically, when Clear was reading his grandfather’s letter, Clear came to a realization that in his worrying over whether or not he should accept an Alpha’s body in order to resolve the malfunctions within his own body he was being very self-centered. His worries were things that only impacted his own feelings and his sense of selfhood. In reading the letter, Clear realized that in order to make his decision he needed to focus on the thing that was most important to him: Aoba and Aoba’s happiness.
My interpretation of this is that when Clear asks Aoba about whether or not he’d make a suicide pact, he’s essentially confirming something: would Aoba be able to live a long and happy life if Clear was no longer with him? If the answer to that were yes, then Clear would have slightly more justification for taking the riskier option, since he’d have the reassurance that if he died, Aoba would remain living. But knowing that Aoba would want to die with him, Clear’s choice is set because he knows if he wants to do what’s best for Aoba and, for the sake of living a long life with Aoba, he has to make sure that he survives no matter what.
I hope that helps clear it up a little!
Can we talk about how on point this tweet is
Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- My life is perfectly okay and I don’t really care what other women go through
- I think feminists are just whiny and can’t take jokes that perpetuate harmful stereotypes
- I believe that people are just obsessed with political correctness
- I am blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women
- I have forgotten that feminism gave women rights such as the right to vote
- I have no idea that feminism is an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity but mostly focuses on women’s rights.
- I am more concerned about semantics rather than human rights
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists
- I still believe in the false notion that feminism is about hating men
- I actually don’t understand what feminism is